Korean Glass Skin has taken the beauty world by storm, and it has roped me in. I am getting obsessed with Korean skincare, the routine, and the products, Oh my goodness!! where do I even start? Thanks to Ellie Choi for her viral glass skin-care routine. It’s a rage, an obsession that has taken over the beauty community and the fascination with the Korean glass skin will not fade out soon. While it’s been trending as glass skin, what does the term means?? In Other Words, you can say it is a goal to achieve clear skin, congested pores, blemish-free, even-toned, glowing, dewy, and soft that will be as clear and transparent as glass is. Indeed, it seems impossible.
However, have you ever wondered why Koreans have such glass-like, lustrous, beautiful, supplest skin?? There’s no doubt about the genetics involved, their eating habits, etc., but they also take care of their skin as an aesthetician. We know that Koreans, strictly follow their skincare regimen, be it morning or evening. It takes hard work, Sister!!
You can get Glass Skin at Home with this easy-to-follow guide. In this guide, I have tried to break down a step-by-step Korean skincare routine. Although you can buy the products if you wish to, I have listed both the options down here, both natural and Korean products available in the market. Nevertheless, it’s totally up to you how you want to go about it. Remember, using the right products, hydration, and staying consistent is the key. This requires a commitment to building up and religiously following a skincare regimen that will certainly help you achieve Korean glass-like skin at home.
Steps involved in Korean Glass Skin Routine
- Double Cleansing- Oil and Foam
- Sheet Mask
- Eye Cream
- Sleeping Mask
Step-by-Step Guide to 10-step Korean Glass Skin routine at home
Step 1: Cleansing
To be more precise, the term “Double Cleansing” is more accurate. There are two steps involved in cleansing, using an oil-based cleanser and foam cleansing. As a matter-of-fact Cleansing is a critical first step in the Korean Glass skincare routine.
This is the very first step of a Korean glass skincare routine. In this step, an oil-based cleanser is used to remove all the makeup, dirt, or any other impurities from your face. For this, either you can use an oil-based cleanser or you can make one at home. Oil eliminates any impurities without drying out your skin. Moreover, a natural oil cleanser will rule out any possibility of damage that harsh chemicals can cause. Two different carrier oils, coconut and castor oil, can make a good oil cleanser. Apparently, Olive oil is a good substitute if you have dry skin, skip the castor oil since it causes too much drying.
- Take coconut oil or olive oil in a jar or a container with a pump. Prefer using Cold Pressed extra virgin as they are full of antioxidants, rich in vitamins, and have antibacterial properties.
- Scoop or pump out coconut oil, and melt it in a bowl. Always use warm water to melt the oil instead of the microwave.
- Then add Olive oil to the bowl and mix them in a bottle. Shake before cleansing as the oil layers separate with time.
- For Oily and Acne-prone skin – you can use Tea tree oil in a carrier oil. As it’s antimicrobial and antiseptic, and both are good for acne-prone skin. Similarly, for aging skin, you can use lavender oil or frankincense oil with a carrier oil.
How to Use:
Now, take a teaspoon of the oil cleanser, gently apply it all over the face, moving your fingers in a soft circular motion, and then rinse with warm water. This step will subsequently remove dirt, excess makeup, and sebum from your face.
This step helps to purify your skin on a deeper level and also creates a clean canvas to start with. Foaming or water-based cleansing removes the remaining residue and deeply cleanses the skin. There are various foaming cleansers available in the market or similarly, you can make this one at home too.
DIY Foaming Face Wash
To make this face wash at home, you will need a soap dispenser, a measuring cup, and a spoon. Take 2/3 cup of rice water. To this, add 1/3 cup of liquid Castile soap and two-three drops of mild essential oil like jojoba or lavender, or moringa oil. Pour all the ingredients into the dispenser and swirl once before using it. Koreans swear by the benefits of Rice water. Overall, it is the most essential ingredient in achieving Korean glass skin at home. It has all the essential vitamins and minerals that can do wonders for your skin. See how you can make rice water at home here and how can you use it for your skin and hair.
- The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Light Oil
- This is one of the best products that will remove all dust, impurities, or any buildup from your face with no irritation.
- It contains rice water along with moringa oil, which removes grease and dirt effectively.
- The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Rice Bran Cleansing Foam
- free from harsh chemicals
- doesn’t make your skin dry
- Jeju Volcanic pore cleansing foam Innisfree
Tea tree fresh cleansing foam
Body shop Vit E Facial Wash
Neutrogena Deep Clean Foaming Cleanser
Buy on Nykaa
Step 2: Exfoliate
The second step in the Korean glass skin routine is to exfoliate. It is the best way to buff away dead skin, and clean pores, it surely brings out the glow with youthful radiance. Besides, it improves the absorption qualities of your skin and removes excess oil trapped in pores. You can consider a physical exfoliation (scrubs, brushes) or a chemical one. Though, gone are the days of physical exfoliation; these new beauty trends are indeed changing the beauty world. I am becoming a huge fan of chemical exfoliation myself but it can’t rule out the good old coffee scrubs and orange scrubs I have used earlier. Ah!! The aroma is to die for.
Check out the recipes mentioned below. I’m sure you will love to try them. However, a few things to keep in mind do not exfoliate daily, focus on the problematic areas. For more information on exfoliation, read here. trends
- Neogen Dermalogy Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Lemon
- Enriched with lemon extract and Vit C delivers brighter and more radiant skin.
- Manual exfoliation combined with chemical peeling helps remove Dead skin cells and sebum.
- Do not use it if you have sensitive skin.
- Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask
- Exfoliates dead skin cells and offers deep cleansing.
- Besides, it also tightens pores and removes Sebum.
- Skinfood Black Sugar Strawberry Mask- Wash off Exfoliator
Buy on Nykaa
Step 3: Toner
A toner helps in balancing the pH levels of your skin and also softens it. It helps in making your skin flawless, freshens up your skin, and absorbs excess oil. Also, it minimizes pores and prevents them from clogging, which further prevents acne and tightens skin. Look out for a toner that is hydrating as well as clarifying. It prepares your skin for the next step.
DIY Rice Water Toner
Rice water toner brightens your skin and tightens large pores. Check out how to make a DIY rice toner, again an integral step in achieving Korean glass skin at home. Do not rub or pull the toner, lightly dab it on your skin and allow it to absorb. Do not rinse off any product after this step.
- Etude House Soon Jung pH 5.5 Relief Toner
- This toner has a low pH similar to the skin.
- Has a Cooling effect
- Also, it tightens Pores
MISSHA Time Revolution Clear Toner
- Purifies and removes dead skin.
- The AHAs present in this toner softens and renews the skin.
- The BHA’s hydrate and brighten with fermented yeast extract.
- COSRX Galactomyces Toner
Benton Aloe Bha Skin Toner
More on Korean Skincare :
Step 4: Essence
The essence is a crucial step in achieving Korean Glass Skin at Home. Don’t worry if you are new to this term, Essence is like a serum but less concentrated, lightweight, and has water-like consistency unlike serums, it enhances the skin’s cellular renewal process, leading to an increase in elasticity and firmness, as well as a brighter complexion. They not only deliver moisture but also target skin concerns, such as pigmentation and rosacea. This step has been a crucial part of the Korean glass skin routine for ages. However, it has recently gained popularity all over the world nowadays.
DIY Rice Essence
Take 1/2 Tsp Rice Water, 1 Tbsp Glycerine, 3 tbsp rose water and 8-10 drops of Jojoba Oil / Rose Essential Oil. Add aloe vera gel until you get a slightly runny consistency. Blend all the ingredients well and store them in a pump bottle.
Cosrx Snail Mucin Essence-
COSRX offers amazing and effective skincare that is too at an affordable price range. Find more about the snail mucin essence and the 10 Best COSRX products HERE.
Hanskin, Korea Real Complexion Hyaluron Skin Essence
- It contains Marine Collagen, Zostera marine Extract, and Hyaluronic Acid.
- This will give your skin a boost of hydration, making it silky, firm, and beautiful
- Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence
- This is a mild formula with low viscosity, which increases the rate of absorption on the skin.
- Ideal for healthy and glowing skin.
- Benton Fermentation Essence
The Face Shop Rice & Ceramide Moisturizing Emulsion
Buy on Nykaa
Step 5: Serum/ Ampoule
An ampoule is a Korean counterpart of a serum. It is much condensed than an essence, loaded with vitamins and antioxidants. Serums are important as they go deep into the skin instead of just laying on the surface of the skin. Serums target our skin at multiple levels, they nourish the skin, boost collagen and address other existing skin issues such as aging, uneven skin tone, pigmentation, etc. We can use this both day and nighttime. However, I prefer following any recipe or skincare routine at night, as it works wonders for your skin, allowing more time for the skin to absorb all the vitamins and antioxidants.
DIY Facial Serum
To make this Serum, Soak 2 tbsp of rice in water, and keep it for 5- 6 hrs. Transfer the rice to a pan, add 1 cup of milk, and let it simmer on a slow flame until it is cooked. Strain the liquid, to add 4 Tsp Aloe Vera gel, and two tsp of Vit. E oil and 2- 3 drops of essential oil. Adjust the quantity according to consistency.
Choose the essential oil according to your skin type
- Normal- Lavender, Frankincense oil
- Dry – Lavender, Sandalwood, Jasmine
- Oily- Tea – tree, Lavender, Peppermint, rosemary
- Face shop White Seed Brightening Serum
- This smooth, brightening serum effectively penetrates the skin, giving it a boost of radiance and brightness.
- It makes dull skin bright and clear.
- A compound of brightening ingredients such as white lupin seed contains a natural brightening substance.
- Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Science Activator Ampoule Serum
- It’s a Repair Serum that provides your skin with extra nutrients and moisture lacking from your basic skincare
- Energies, repairs, and restores elasticity
- It provides wrinkle repairing and whitening benefits.
- Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drops by Klaires- good for sensitive skin
Innisfree Green Tea Seed Repair Serum
Buy on Nykaa
Step 6: Sheet Masks – Certainly a crucial step in the Korean Glass Skincare Routine
These are super popular among Koreans and current favorites of the beauty community. They pamper your skin and leave it smooth and glowing. Sheet masks hold onto the components and that way allows them to get absorbed into the deeper layer of skin. You can use these masks twice or thrice a week for better results. Sheet masks are available in a lot of variety, again you can buy or make one at home.
DIY Sheet Mask
- For sheet masks, you can use baby wipes, a cotton muslin cloth, or tissue paper will also be fine. Cut holes into the wipe, making the shape of your eyes, nose, and lips.
- In a bowl, take rice water, Either cooked or plain, and, add argan oil, honey, and essential oil of your choice. You can pick according to your skin type as mentioned above. Dip the sheet mask in this solution you just made. Let it soak all of it and grab and keep it on your face for about 10 mins.
RICE is an important ingredient in Our DIY KOREAN SKINCARE ROUTINE. Not just for the skin, rice offers amazing benefits for your Hair as well, and is a secret to one of the longest hair in the world. Find out here How to make rice water for these DIY recipes HERE + Secret Recipe for the world’s Longest Hair using this magical rice water.
- Midiheal Tea Tree Essential Blemish Control Sheet Mask
- This Sheet Mask contains components that help troubled skin with much oil secretion such as tea tree leaf oil, pine needle extract and Portulaca oleracea extract will soothe your irritated skin and let you feel refreshed with no stickiness after using it
- Use of the cellulose mask sheet with silky touch fitting even your fine line and wrinkles.
Tosowoong Pure Green Tea Mask Sheet
- Protect skin from outer harmful factors.
- Whitening and Anti-wrinkle.
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Moisturizing & Hydrating 100% Hydrogel Sheet
Step 7: Eye Cream
Eye cream is one such product you should never miss as you approach your thirties. It helps tame wrinkles, dark circles, and fine lines we face in later years. You can’t rock glass skin if you have a dark circle, puffiness, and bags hanging around. That is why it is important to start early to take care of all these problems. Dab a small amount of eye cream on your palm and pat it around the eyes. Never tug or pull your skin taut.
DIY Eye Cream
Coconut oil with Vit. e oil makes a perfect, affordable, and reliable eye cream. Melt coconut oil, stir and add 10 drops of Vit. E oil and store in a container. Coconut oil is very effective in lightening dark circles. It moisturizes skin and reduces wrinkles by strengthening collagen. It prevents eye bags and puffiness. Vit E removes all free radicals from your skin that cause aging. Gentle massage with Vit. E oil helps in lightening dark circles under your eyes.
- Mizon Snail Repair Eye Cream
- This product protects and defends against horrid age markers, and fights age signs with its certified, fine, and deep wrinkle, dark circle, and anti-aging care.
- It contains E.G.F, Epidermal Growth Factor, which helps your eye remain bright with whitening effects.
- Besides these, it contains snail mucus filtrate, which regenerates and refreshes your eye area in no time.
- INNISFREE THE GREEN TEA SEED EYE CREAM
- The green tea seed ingredient is formulated to provide excellent moisturizing + anti-oxidant effects on your skin.
- Seed oil prevents moisture drying and gives long-lasting moisturized skin.
- Mizon collagen power Firming Eye cream
- Tony Moly Panda’s Dream Brightening Eye Base
Neutrogena rapid wrinkle repair eye cream
Step 8: Moisturizer
Moisturizer effectively locks in all the moisture in your skin, replenishes your skin’s hydration levels, and also gives you a radiant glow. Dab a small amount in your palm and gently massage your face to enhance blood circulation.
DIY Rice Cream
Take 2 Tsp rice, and add one cup of water. Boil and let it cook. Let some water evaporate and cool for 15 mins. Blend and add 1 Tsp Milk and 2Tsp Honey, 4 tsp aloe gel, and Vit E oil, the essential oil of your choice. I used frankincense oil. Add more aloe gel to achieve a slightly thick and gel-like consistency.
- Etude House Collagen Moistfull Emulsion
- It contains super collagen water and moist Baobab water, which makes your skin plump and moist.
- It has a soft and light type texture with adhesive absorption action.
- Wonjin Effects’ Water Bomb Cream
- Water Bomb Cream
- WONJIN Intensive Water Recovery Project
- Hydra Technology with Jeju Green Complex and Waterfull 8 Complex
- Cerave Moisturizing Cream
- COSRX Oil-Free Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion
- Neutrogena Hydro boost Cream
Step 9: Sleeping Mask – Important step to achieve Korean Glass Skin
Thanks to K- Beauty for introducing us, to this mask!! It is an important step in the Korean skincare routine. A sleeping mask differs from a face mask, as you can apply and keep it overnight, unlike the usual mask. You can either skip this step or go with it, however, if you follow this routine at night you can add this step.
DIY Sleeping Mask
Take a teaspoon of aloe vera gel and add a few drops of essential oil. Dab it on to seal all the hard work you just did.
- The Face Shop Baby Face Ampule Sleep Mask
- A sleeping mask containing seaweed extract and hyaluronic acid works overnight to brighten the skin tone and replenish the skin’s moisture barrier
Laneige Water Sleeping Mask
- It draws in serious moisture, leaving skin looking plumped and glowy
- This ice-blue gel is as thick as a pudding with a faint rose scent, but it melts quickly into the skin.
SkinSalad Vitamin C Face Mask with Grapefruit, Orange, and Licorice Extract, Collagen boosting, Anti-aging, Glowing, and Whitening Gel Face Mask
Step 10: Sunscreen
- Cerave Hydrating Sunscreen
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Sunscreen
A good SPF is a must. Dab it on before stepping in the sun. You can use any good sunscreen with a high SPF.
So, this is what the K- Trend is all about!! Although some products seem quite expensive, their DIY counterparts are promising as well. Moreover, there is no harm in trying them. To sum up, sure, the ten steps in the Korean skincare routine feel overwhelming to follow, but once you fit this into your routine, it doesn’t seem like something unachievable. With consistent effort, a strict skincare regimen, and incorporating a healthy lifestyle, you can achieve Korean-like glass skin at home. I am sure you will take some time off every day and treat yourself to this K beauty Trend. Let me know your suggestions and any queries related to this in the comment section below.
If you liked the post, then Please Subscribe and share because Sharing is Caring!!
Stay happy n stay natural!!
Disclaimer: Always do a patch test before applying anything. The above products are not at all sponsored. You can choose whatever works for your skin. Also, Skip the sheet masks and sleeping masks during the daytime. Also mildly exfoliate only once a week.
Related Posts :
- 17 Best Retinol Serums In India: The Magic Potion for Youthful skin
- Easy Yarn Gnome Ornament: A step-by-step guide.
- Get rid of Sebaceous filaments for good; Find how to tackle them.
- 18 Best Retinol Serums and Creams: Say Goodbye to Aging skin
- DIY Wooden Bubble Vase-Easy Boho Decor